Four walls and a keyboard
'I love talking about nothing. It's the only thing I know anything about.' ~ Oscar Wilde
Thursday, December 28, 2006
Kpandai
**Okay, after trying five times to post a picture of my house, I give up trying. The connection must be getting slower as it gets later in the day. Anyway, here's some of my pictures of Kpandai. I will try again to post some more, but I will also mail a disc of more pics back to my Mom and Dad, and they can distribute them around!



My backyard. It's a corn field, more mango trees to the right, and an acacia (?) tree in the centre. Out behind the field is more bush.

My office. You can kind of see me reflected in the glass on the doors. It is a source of entertainment for me when I am working because when people walk by they will check their hair or their clothes in the reflection- even check out their dancing moves! It is awesome!


This is looking down the street from the office, to the other side of town. Right beside the two men walking on the left is the credit union, and on the right is the main Mosque in town. In front of the Mosque is the SEND staff mango tree, or at least we like to call it that. We convene there from time to time when the lights are out during the day.







The view of downtown Kpandai from the office. This is looking towards my house. It's a pretty wide street, full of shops and street chop bars, and it can get pretty dusty when the yam lorries drive by!



The road into town from my house. It takes me about half an hour, on a good day, to walk into the office. If I get stopped by more people, it takes longer.
posted by angelina @ 2:39 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At 7:15 PM, Blogger tndamele said…

    hi,
    guess what? i am a native of Kpandai.But i live in the USA now.
    That was a great shot of downtown

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Me, Myself, and I

Alias: angelina
Where I'm at: Kpandai, Northern Region, Ghana
In 500 words or less: I am now done my schoolin' and you may all call me Master! I'm currently livin it up in a small town in Northern Ghana, and it's a blast being the only 'obruni' (white) in town!
Step into my mind, if you dare
Previous Whinings
The Closet
Shoutbox

'Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends we choose.' ~ Tehyi, Hsieh

My Faves
Powered by

15n41n1

BLOGGER