Four walls and a keyboard
'I love talking about nothing. It's the only thing I know anything about.' ~ Oscar Wilde
Wednesday, December 27, 2006
So I am actually not hanging at the Barry Hotel.....
This is a pic of me, Chief (Siapha Kamara) and Jeanine at the Year End Review in Tamale.


It is still super slow, but I can post pics! I am in Accra for the next few days so I'll post as many pics as I can to convince you all that I am actually in Ghana!

I hope you all had a Merry Christmas! My Christmas Eve was spent travelling into Accra from Kpandai, which was actually a very enjoyable trip. It was a different route, on the eastern side of Lake Volta, close to the Togo border, so I got to see Hohoe (say it like Ho- hoy) and other communities that I hadn't seen before. That route was less built up (as un urbanized), so it gave me a better glimpse of the Volta region, the mountains and the forest. And we got into Accra at a decent time, around 7.

My Christmas day was pretty uneventful- I hung out with Cassandra as she got her hair done and then went with her to get food for supper. I ate with her and Banahene, took some phone calls from my family and Rebeka and Jay, and on the way back to the guesthouse I made the taxi driver stop at the gas station so I could get some junk food, and munched out on Kit Kats and Pringles as I weaved hemp bracelets and watched movies. A perfect night!

The rest of my time in Accra was ho hum, so much for the sight seeing I wanted to do! Yesterday was spent running around Accra doing errands for people in Kpandai, and today I am in Osu. I bought books. A lot of books. My doing in happened when the shop keeper gave me a stool to sit on as I went through a box of Oprah's book club books. But I am stocked up for the next couple months!

I also had lunch with Idrissa today and caught up with her. We went to a Carribbean restaurant, where my sandwich had actual crunchy lettuce! I was so excited!

Other plans for the rest of my time in Accra: to go see something cultural, either the W.E.B. Dubois Memorial centre, or the museum, if the museum exists! I also want to get some pics developed, sleep in to 9 if I can, one day, and veg and watch movies. Over and out for now!
posted by angelina @ 7:49 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Me, Myself, and I

Alias: angelina
Where I'm at: Kpandai, Northern Region, Ghana
In 500 words or less: I am now done my schoolin' and you may all call me Master! I'm currently livin it up in a small town in Northern Ghana, and it's a blast being the only 'obruni' (white) in town!
Step into my mind, if you dare
Previous Whinings
The Closet
Shoutbox

'Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends we choose.' ~ Tehyi, Hsieh

My Faves
Powered by

15n41n1

BLOGGER