Four walls and a keyboard
'I love talking about nothing. It's the only thing I know anything about.' ~ Oscar Wilde
Wednesday, August 23, 2006
The Light is Getting Closer


The end of the tunnel is getting closer in more ways than one. Monday night I FINALLY completed my revisions. I sent them off to my committee member who approved the changes. Now I am waiting on my supervisor to do the last scan before I can send it off to Grad Studies. Since Monday night I've developed an almost obsessive compulsion to skim my pdf file for any formatting errors that I may have missed that would hold up my thesis from getting passed. I think I've flipped through my thesis about four times today!

My emotions this week have been very up and down. There are times that I am so excited to be in Ghana that I wish I were on the plane NOW, and then there are moments where I get very sad about the prospect of leaving my family, friends and familiar comforts. It's made me wake up quite a few times during the night in a dead panic. All the time too I have this constant rerun in my head of what I still need to do before I go, and I can't make the voices stop, so to speak......

I am muting those voices this weekend, starting tomorrow night. I am going camping with my closest circle of friends this weekend at Blackstrap Lake, and it is something that I am really looking forward to. Other than my trip to England, and that small reprieve at my parents' cabin, I really haven't had an opportunity this summer to step away from my life. I am so pumped about having my own cocoon in my own little tent, burning marshmallows and drinking beer around the fire that I almost can't contain myself. I am sure that by the end of the weekend the waterworks will be pouring because it'll be the last time I'll see some of them before I leave. It is going to be very very hard to work tomorrow!

posted by angelina @ 8:16 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Me, Myself, and I

Alias: angelina
Where I'm at: Kpandai, Northern Region, Ghana
In 500 words or less: I am now done my schoolin' and you may all call me Master! I'm currently livin it up in a small town in Northern Ghana, and it's a blast being the only 'obruni' (white) in town!
Step into my mind, if you dare
Previous Whinings
The Closet
Shoutbox

'Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends we choose.' ~ Tehyi, Hsieh

My Faves
Powered by

15n41n1

BLOGGER