Four walls and a keyboard
'I love talking about nothing. It's the only thing I know anything about.' ~ Oscar Wilde
Tuesday, August 22, 2006
What the hell did Waldo do to anybody?
I recently came across a list the top 100 most frequently challenged books of 1990-2000. A challenge is 'an attempt to remove or restrict materials, based upon the objections of a person or group' (ALA, 2006). Looking at the list, it is obvious why some works would be challenged by the average American prude. Literary works like 'Sex' by Madonna, and 'The Anarchist's Cookbook' make this list. But the 'Where's Waldo' series???? This article sheds some light, but the reasoning is pretty ridiculous.

And in personal news, I got some pretty exciting emails today! My thesis revisions (which I FINALLY completed) last night, were accepted, and now I can begin the process of printing the goddamn thing out 5 times! Also, I found out from the current SEND intern that the Foundation is paying my rent and accomodations. Sweeeeeet.
posted by angelina @ 11:28 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Me, Myself, and I

Alias: angelina
Where I'm at: Kpandai, Northern Region, Ghana
In 500 words or less: I am now done my schoolin' and you may all call me Master! I'm currently livin it up in a small town in Northern Ghana, and it's a blast being the only 'obruni' (white) in town!
Step into my mind, if you dare
Previous Whinings
The Closet
Shoutbox

'Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends we choose.' ~ Tehyi, Hsieh

My Faves
Powered by

15n41n1

BLOGGER