Four walls and a keyboard
'I love talking about nothing. It's the only thing I know anything about.' ~ Oscar Wilde
Sunday, March 11, 2007
Miscellaneous pictures

This is the new soccer stadium in Tamale that they're building for the Africa Cup of Nations, which is supposed to be happening next year in Ghana. They say it's supposed to be done by October. There is a Chinese contracting firm building it, and apparently they brought in Chinese prisoners as labourers, and they've got crews going 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. I guess in a country where employment is a problem, you have to bring in prisoners from another country!


This is our new house in Kpandai; my room is the middle window. The bonuses: no screaming kids, my own compound (equipped with clothes lines), and a toilet in the building! No more running into corn fields for this spring chicken!


Muslim wedding going to a wedding at Christmas. I couldn't resist taking a picture because they looked so pretty wearing the same cloth. I also took video, because they were singing as they were walking, but sorry folks, I am not that technologically advanced to post it!


Me and Seidu, one of the SEND drivers, at our 2nd Eastern Corridor Xmas party. He's working out of Tamale now and I really miss seeing him come through Kpandai.


I brought snow (flakes) to Ghana at Christmas! Hey, you have to feel proud when you work small miracles! haha


Desmond showing off our combined decorating efforts. Thanks to Pape and C-dawg for sending the festive presents!!

On the way to Kpandai from Bimbilla. Cattle crossing!
posted by angelina @ 7:04 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Me, Myself, and I

Alias: angelina
Where I'm at: Kpandai, Northern Region, Ghana
In 500 words or less: I am now done my schoolin' and you may all call me Master! I'm currently livin it up in a small town in Northern Ghana, and it's a blast being the only 'obruni' (white) in town!
Step into my mind, if you dare
Previous Whinings
The Closet
Shoutbox

'Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends we choose.' ~ Tehyi, Hsieh

My Faves
Powered by

15n41n1

BLOGGER