Four walls and a keyboard
'I love talking about nothing. It's the only thing I know anything about.' ~ Oscar Wilde
Friday, May 19, 2006
It's my bizniss my biznasssss


Inside the TEMBEC sawmill- Taschereau



I heart Co-ops!!! Even the French ones!



Our flippin sweet dorm!



Lac Duparquet


Covered bridge, near Rouyn-Noranda




Parliament Hill



Nellie McClung: see below



Up in the Peace Tower, clock face














The Famous Five: chillin with the ladies

Okay, so those were some of my pics from my Quebec trip- I am a litte behind on my bidness, I had to get them off the camera so I'd have room for England pics! We leave Monday afternoon and I have no clean gitchies, among other items of clothing, so guess what I'm doing this weekend.....

I just got back from training for Co-op Camp, which was at Strasbourg Bible Camp, on Last Mountain Lake. It was a gorgeous place! I love that lake- probably because it's like home- gorgeous sunsets, and no trees blocking them. I loved the vistas across the lake, and hearing all the birds while we sat around the camfire at night. That's the prairie in my blood. If I can't see the horizon I get a little rattled....

Anyway, training was so much fun. It made me do a lot of things that I would normally not do around a bunch of adults. We had dance-offs, sang camp songs, played co-op games like shuffle but and co-op juggle, and gave out lots of warm fuzzies! Ask me what they are and I'll give you one!

We also had the opportunity to purchase the SWEETEST t-shirts ever! I am not going to burst the surprise, but if you know me well, you'll figure it out!

While training was fun, I am super beat. I don't do well sleeping in narrow beds with a bunch of other people ( I almost let this sentence go before I realized it sounded bad- to correct, other people in my room). Also, I've been trying to do what I can on my thesis so I don't have a mountain of shizzle to do Sunday. So, I did a bunch of re-formatting and some other easy stuff. I still have to make one map and look through some identity articles to flesh out my discussion.

On that note, I got word from Brett that I can go ahead with my defense. It is scheduled for June 21, 2006 at 9 am. And you may have noticed that it is on Carlson's birthday- one day before mine!!!! C-note, you better not have any bad juju following you around that day, cause I'll need all the luck I can get.

I doubt I'll post again before I leave for England so I'll just say YAY Co-ops!
posted by angelina @ 9:44 PM  
2 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Me, Myself, and I

Alias: angelina
Where I'm at: Kpandai, Northern Region, Ghana
In 500 words or less: I am now done my schoolin' and you may all call me Master! I'm currently livin it up in a small town in Northern Ghana, and it's a blast being the only 'obruni' (white) in town!
Step into my mind, if you dare
Previous Whinings
The Closet
Shoutbox

'Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends we choose.' ~ Tehyi, Hsieh

My Faves
Powered by

15n41n1

BLOGGER