Four walls and a keyboard
'I love talking about nothing. It's the only thing I know anything about.' ~ Oscar Wilde
Friday, May 05, 2006
I've got the revisions blues
Three and a half chapters down, two and a half to go before Monday. With all the unpacking, work on OCAI plots, budgeting for England, and revisions, I am feeling a little bummed out right now. It's so nice out that I want to be at home in Viscount hanging out with my family, or sitting on a deck somewhere. But I am in my bedroom with my clothes still in bags around me, my floors and bathroom are filthy (this is my Howard Hughes tendency kicking in), and I am playing five million games of Mah Jong while I daydream about how my summer will be if I defend in June (the irony is not lost on me, trust me).

I am also in a weird frame of mind, and have been all week. I want to talk to people, but I don't want to talk to people at the same time. At the same time I am sick of being by myself, I don't have the energy or inclination to do social things....If people want to call me, cool, but I don't really feel like reaching out to touch someone!

Methinks my treat for myself if I get this stuff done for Monday will be to take in a round of golf or go to the driving range, and maybe see if 'the knitters' are available for some deck action. I haven't seen that crew in so long, it would be good to catch up with them.

Well, I shall keep plodding on. I have no choice- I am sick of playing Mah Jong......
posted by angelina @ 5:13 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Me, Myself, and I

Alias: angelina
Where I'm at: Kpandai, Northern Region, Ghana
In 500 words or less: I am now done my schoolin' and you may all call me Master! I'm currently livin it up in a small town in Northern Ghana, and it's a blast being the only 'obruni' (white) in town!
Step into my mind, if you dare
Previous Whinings
The Closet
Shoutbox

'Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends we choose.' ~ Tehyi, Hsieh

My Faves
Powered by

15n41n1

BLOGGER