Four walls and a keyboard
'I love talking about nothing. It's the only thing I know anything about.' ~ Oscar Wilde
Tuesday, June 13, 2006
Drowning in apathy
I've always wondered why I beak myself because I feel like I should feel/act a certain way. It goes something like this:

You should feel more nervous about your thesis defense, it's in eight days.
You should be more excited about your trip, it's a big thing.
You should call people more often, pretty soon you're going to be gone.
You should (fill in blank)....

My response to myself: Meh

I just don't care right now. I guess I'll get more motivated in due time. I think part of it is because I'm sooooooo bored! And it becomes cyclical....a good way to explain it is that if I am busy I get much more done, if I'm not busy I have a harder time getting anything accomplished.

But one thing that got a rise out of me last night was that Wife Swap show. It's embarassing to say, but I am a huge fan! Anyeay, the basic premise of the show is: find two women who are polar opposites, and have them move into each others' homes. The first week, they abide by the rules of the household they are in, the next week they make their own rules and the household has to abide by them. In TV Land, at the end of the show both wives have something to teach the family of the other wife, and everyone lives happily ever after. Last night, they swapped a very Christian farmwife who raised llamas with a party-wife from New York. That makes for some first class entertainment! Another episode that I remember fondly swapped the wife of a freakshow/street performer with the wife of a promotions exec. The sparks flew on that one! AHAHA! There was also the one where they swapped a woman who was a very successful and career-oriented real estate agent, with a stay-at-home (and may I add, psycho) mom that had 6 kids whom she home schooled due to safety reasons. I can't wait to see who they profile next week....
posted by angelina @ 10:23 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Me, Myself, and I

Alias: angelina
Where I'm at: Kpandai, Northern Region, Ghana
In 500 words or less: I am now done my schoolin' and you may all call me Master! I'm currently livin it up in a small town in Northern Ghana, and it's a blast being the only 'obruni' (white) in town!
Step into my mind, if you dare
Previous Whinings
The Closet
Shoutbox

'Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends we choose.' ~ Tehyi, Hsieh

My Faves
Powered by

15n41n1

BLOGGER