Four walls and a keyboard
'I love talking about nothing. It's the only thing I know anything about.' ~ Oscar Wilde
Sunday, June 04, 2006
The things I learned in England
1. It pays to figure out as soon as possible to look the opposite way that you're used to when crossing the street. It'll prevent altercations with buses, and perhaps save your life.
2. Beer is cheap. Very cheap. So is the cider. And good!
3. Never tip the cabby, bartenders and barmaids. It might be mistaken for attraction to said person.
4. KFC's in England are aplenty, but they don't do gravy, biscuits or coleslaw. If you like baked beans however, you're in luck!
5. To give the finger in England, extend both your index finger and your middle finger into a v.
6. A'ight then? is how you say 'how are you doing?' in the familiar sense.
7. Mind the gap, mind the gap, mind the gap.....fuck the gap!
8. If you ate a full English breakfast every day you might end up needing a bypass operation or at the very least, some laxatives.
9. South Africans drink a lot. And never bug one about his mother.
10. That apparently, people from Saskatchewan like to party 'redneck style'....
11. You can indeed walk enough in a day your feet throb and your hips ache!

I had some unreal times in England, too much fun to type out right now! When I get my poop in a group I'll post a website link for my pics. And I'll be boring you all about the awesomeness of Rochdale for a while!
posted by angelina @ 8:20 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Me, Myself, and I

Alias: angelina
Where I'm at: Kpandai, Northern Region, Ghana
In 500 words or less: I am now done my schoolin' and you may all call me Master! I'm currently livin it up in a small town in Northern Ghana, and it's a blast being the only 'obruni' (white) in town!
Step into my mind, if you dare
Previous Whinings
The Closet
Shoutbox

'Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends we choose.' ~ Tehyi, Hsieh

My Faves
Powered by

15n41n1

BLOGGER