Four walls and a keyboard
'I love talking about nothing. It's the only thing I know anything about.' ~ Oscar Wilde
Friday, June 16, 2006
Days till defense-5...time spent preparing-0
What can I say, I am not the model grad student. I haven't looked at my thesis since I left for England and my defense is next Wednesday. This week was a total blow-off. It's kind of hard to force myself to read the thesis when I've been writing/reading gender stuff all day. Well not exactly all day, there was time in there to read my news, and look at World Cup stuff!

Nicky's co-workers invited me up to Saskatoon on Wednesday night for a celebratory dinner for her wedding. I was quite pleased to see that I surprised her- they didn't tell her I was coming, haha. It was at the Keg, which is now tied with Red Lobster and Otowa House for my most favorite restaurants in Saskatoon. The grilled top sirloin is ORGASMIC- if you're a carnivore, you'll love it! Everyone also chipped in and got Nicky her whole bathroom set. All in all, a very nice evening!

Last night I was happy to see that a parcel arrived for me from the United States- my corset!! I only bought it off ebay last week, so talk about service! I immediately cruised out to the farm to see my Granny who has graciously offered to alter my bridesmaid dress. The downside to the corset though is that the clasps that go down the front kind of show through the dress front- so Grandma is going to change those with smaller ones for me. But overall it does the job. It sucks me in and smooths me out. I am gonna look haaawt! lol

Tonight I am attending a friend's candle party- but I don't know if I'll buy anything- there's no point to it really if I'm leaving in a couple months. We'll see...they might have a new scent that will tickle my fancy, or I might feel a little guilty. Then tomorrow, the only time I am leaving my house is to go with my mom to buy my birthday present- a brand new digital camera!

But the focus of the weekend is DE-fense DE-fense DE-fense!!!!! Don't bug me- I won't need the temptation!
posted by angelina @ 9:29 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Me, Myself, and I

Alias: angelina
Where I'm at: Kpandai, Northern Region, Ghana
In 500 words or less: I am now done my schoolin' and you may all call me Master! I'm currently livin it up in a small town in Northern Ghana, and it's a blast being the only 'obruni' (white) in town!
Step into my mind, if you dare
Previous Whinings
The Closet
Shoutbox

'Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends we choose.' ~ Tehyi, Hsieh

My Faves
Powered by

15n41n1

BLOGGER