Four walls and a keyboard
'I love talking about nothing. It's the only thing I know anything about.' ~ Oscar Wilde
Tuesday, July 11, 2006
An evening of conversation with a bucket of chicken
My dad is a very interesting character full of contradictions. He says that he doesn't like to talk, but then will blabber like an old hen about everything, especially when he's had a few beers. When I call him on the phone to see how he's been he'll say fine and then say he doesn't like talking on the phone, then when you go to say goodbye he starts talking about his day. It's kinda funny.

Anyway last night he asked me to stop at KFC because my Mom and Buck would be in Saskatoon for supper so it'd be just me and him. When I got home he wanted to go to the bar for a beer. On the walk there I heard about so and so's cabin at the lake, how they got a lot of hail up there on the weekend, how Dad's flowers are starting to grow really fast and look good, how he wished for just a little rain this weekend, my parents' trip to Washington and so on and so on.

This carried over into the walk back home and supper. I heard more about their vacation, their trip up to the cabin this weekend (which by the way is about five miles from Mildred, where the guy that shot those RCMP officers is from)- and how they encountered roadblocks and helicopters and such. Last night I may have even talked him into coming to visit me in Ghana.

I don't get nights like this with the old guy that often, so they're nice when they come!
posted by angelina @ 11:45 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Me, Myself, and I

Alias: angelina
Where I'm at: Kpandai, Northern Region, Ghana
In 500 words or less: I am now done my schoolin' and you may all call me Master! I'm currently livin it up in a small town in Northern Ghana, and it's a blast being the only 'obruni' (white) in town!
Step into my mind, if you dare
Previous Whinings
The Closet
Shoutbox

'Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends we choose.' ~ Tehyi, Hsieh

My Faves
Powered by

15n41n1

BLOGGER