Four walls and a keyboard
'I love talking about nothing. It's the only thing I know anything about.' ~ Oscar Wilde
Monday, July 10, 2006
Tick Tock Tick Tock
There's so much that I want to do before I leave, but now I am starting to realize that I don't think I will get around to it. Here's a glimpse of some of the stuff I wanted to do this summer:

1. Finish crocheting my crazy granny square blanket, among other knitting/crocheting projects that never got completed.
2. Take a shopping trip to the States.
3. Sew a bunch of skirts, or even just learn how to sew.
4. Read a few books that I bought over the years but never read entirely, like 'The Gulag Archipelago', 'Anna Karenina', 'Elizabeth I', and the 'Time Travellers' Wife'.
5. Take pics of some sentimental things for a photo album for my trip, like canola fields, wheat fields, a prairie sunset, the house, my family etc.
6. Bring world peace.

Well the last one was a bit of a stretch but I think it's still important! Anyway, time's rollin fast, it's almost the middle of July, I still haven't finished my revisions, Nicky's wedding is this upcoming weekend, Co-0p camp is next week and, I agree with Fanger, procrastination is at an all time high, at least in this neck of the woods.

This weekend was a nice social reprieve from the solitary confinement I've been unecessarily imposing upon myself. Saturday night was Fluff's cotillion celebrations, which were fun fun fun! And Sunday I helped Nicky with wedding prep, including bagging a few hundred bags of jelly beans and getting the champagne flutes for the head table.

Last night I saw Dan and Nara for the last time before the head back to New Zealand. We played cards with Squeeler and Clint, and chatted about life's mysteries. I've only had a handful of times to hang around with them the last two weeks, but they have had a lot of visiting to do over this time so I understand that. Having Dan around makes me realize how much I miss having him around on a regular basis. He's a good friend, quick to say he's proud of you and never afraid to tell you what he thinks, even when he thinks you are being stupid! I pinky-swore both him and Nara that I would visit them in New Zealand before they made it back to Canada. That's a promise I will bust my ass to keep.
posted by angelina @ 12:52 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Me, Myself, and I

Alias: angelina
Where I'm at: Kpandai, Northern Region, Ghana
In 500 words or less: I am now done my schoolin' and you may all call me Master! I'm currently livin it up in a small town in Northern Ghana, and it's a blast being the only 'obruni' (white) in town!
Step into my mind, if you dare
Previous Whinings
The Closet
Shoutbox

'Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends we choose.' ~ Tehyi, Hsieh

My Faves
Powered by

15n41n1

BLOGGER